Saturday, 7 February 2015

Tanya Burr's Triple Chocolate Cookies


Hello everyone,
First things first I am so sorry for not uploading for a few weeks, I have just had really busy weekends so haven't had time to sit down at my laptop to write a post (because they take about an hour to write at the minute). Also these last few weeks have just flown by, I really don't know where they have gone. 

Last weekend, when I popped into Tesco's I saw Tanya's book 'Love Tanya'. I wasn't planning on getting it as I am trying to save my money to make sure I have some for when I go away  later this month. I was so excited to see it I couldn't not buy it. I am so glad I did as it is basically a most of my favorite things in one book. I definitely recommend it. Here are some links to where you can get it: Waterstones   WH Smith    Tesco     Amazon 
If you hadn't guessed already I am going to be sharing with you a recipe from her book. The recipe I am sharing with is her famous chocolate cookies. I made these yesterday and they are so yummy. I had to make one change to the ingredients because the shop I went to doesn't see Daim bars so instead I got some Reese's peanut butter cups. I love how they give the cookies a bit of a peanut flavor, which made them even nicer.
Here are the ingredients you will need: -200g butter       -300g caster sugar      -1 large egg     275g self-raising flour        -75g cocoa powder    -a large bar each of milk, white and dark chocolate (I only used milk and white)    -3 Daim bars or 4 Reese's peanut butter cups       -a little dash of milk (you will only need this if your dough is a bit dry once you have mixed it together.
    
Method
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat together your butter and sugar until it has a smooth consistency.
3. Crack in your egg, then add your dry ingredients and mix until they have all combined together. (At this point if your mixture is a bit dry add a dash of milk)
4. Break up all of your chocolate and then mix until it is evenly spread throughout your dough.
5.Using your hands separate your mixture into evenly sized blobs (the book says it makes 10 cookies but I managed to get 12 good sized cookies out of the mix) and place them on the trays.
6. Place the trays in the preheated oven for 11 minutes. When you take them out they will look a bit under cooked but don't put them back in because this will make them go hard.
7. Leave for 30 minutes and then you can eat them.

I hope you enjoy making this recipe and make sure you get your hands on a copy of Tanya's book. Here are Tanya's social media links: Twitter      Facebook       Youtube      Blog
My twitter: @suggleterino
Hope you all enjoy this recipe! Please leave a comment telling me what recipes/ blog posts you would like me to do.
Love Lauren xx

My cookies



A close up of the cookies




No comments:

Post a Comment