Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Rocky road cupcakes

Today I am going to be sharing with you all some rocky road cupcakes that I made. I actually made these a few months ago but they were so yummy so felt the need to share them with you guys. They have a chocolate base with chocolate frosting and sprinkled with chocolate, cookies/walnuts and marshmallows. They were from the recipe book called '1001 Cupcakes, Cookies and other tempting treats'. Here is a link if you where you can get it; also it is only £1.49 at the minute. http://www.theworks.co.uk/p/cookery/1001-cupcakes-cookies-tempting-treats---love-food/9781445444154  
Here is the recipe I used:
Ingredients:                           Topping:
-140g soft butter                                -225g butter
-140g caster sugar                             -1tbsp milk
-1tsp vanilla extract                          -300g icing sugar
-3 eggs (lightly beaten)                     -55g cocoa powder
-150g self-raising flour                    -85g mini marshmallows
-55g cocoa powder                           -40g roughly chopped walnuts (I changed these for cookies) 
                                                           -55g milk chocolate (melted)
Method:
1. Preheat your oven to 180 c/350 f/Gas Mark 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Place the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until light and fluffy, then mix in the vanilla extract. Gradually beat in the eggs.
3. Sift in the cocoa powder and flour and fold into the mixture. (I did steps 2 and 3 in my mixer). 
4. Spoon into your paper cases.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes in your oven.
6. For your topping, mix together your cocoa powder, icing sugar and butter in a bowl. If the consistency is a bit thick use your milk to make it softer.
7. To decorate I just piped a swirl of the chocolate butter cream onto the top of each cupcake. Then sprinkled the marshmallows and cookies over the top. Then place my melted chocolate into a small piping bag and drizzled it over the tops of the cupcakes.


A close up of one of my cupcakes

This was all of the ones I made
I took some of these cupcakes into school with me to share with my form and they went done a treat. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. Also if there are any recipes you would like me to do in the future leave me a comment. 
Bye guys, 
Love Lauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment